WinTumblr – a tumblr client for Windows
Download | History | Screenshots |
Documentation | Donate
WinTumblr source is now available as an open source project on Google Code.
It is the place to go if you want to get involved with the continued development of the best Windows tumblr client. Go to the
source page and follow the instructions to install an SVN client and download your own copy of the Wintumblr source.
Welcome to the website for WinTumblr. WinTumblr version 1 is now complete and completely free (link below). WinTumblr
was written in C# and will work out of the box on Windows Vista or will require the .NET 2 framework on Windows XP. If you are
running Windows XP please be sure to have the .NET 2 framework installed before attempting to run WinTumblr. I would not
want your first experience with my software to be an error message. You can download the
2 framework from Microsoft.
I am also giving away my "tumblr.cs" file in a zip file for those folk who would like to write their own version of a
tumblr client. WinTumblr uses this file to upload tumblr posts – it has nothing to do with the user-interface.
Check out the WinTumblr tumble log at http://wintumblr.tumblr.com for any
notices or issues. If you feel so inclined you can also have a look at my tumble log:
Please acquaint yourself with the legalities below before downloading.
Thank you for your interest
- Just released version 1.6 (October 10, 2010)
- Added support for Groups. The account management no longer restricts you to a unique email
address and allows the inclusion of a Group tumblelog's URL (with the "http://"). Leave it
blank if the account is not for a Group.
- Released version 1.5.2 (March 02, 2008)
- Thanks to ndn we have a settings link
in every Post window as well as better error handling for when the proxy is used
- The Proxy server URL will automatically prepend "http://" if it is missing
- Support for Private Posts – these Posts only appear in your dashboard
- Support for setting the date and time of a Post. Tumblr only accepts dates
in the past and ignores this date if the Post is private
- Support for Tags
- Released version 1.5.1 (February 24, 2008)
- Photo Click Through Url feature is now available. The ability to set a
clickable link on a photo post has being a feature available via the dashboard
for a while and is now available as part of the Write API.
- Released version 1.5 (February 15, 2008)
- Always removes linebreaks from HTML optional fields. Always. Replaces each occurrence with a space
- A new Settings Window to help manage some of these new features
- Post windows can auto-close upon a successful post. Each window has a checkbox to set this behaviour or all windows can be set globally via the new Settings Window
- The <br /> html code is now optional (on by default). Please be aware that without this your post will not have any linebreaks unless you code the html tags yourself
- The Account Management screen now has a Validate button to allow you to check your account details
- The server's return status is handled in a much more stable way
- Proxy server support
- Version 1.4.1 (May 25, 2007)
- The mouse now displays a nice hourglass while posting (and the window can be moved around if you really want to)
- Fixed a minor issue in the Chat Post window
- Version 1.4 (May 25, 2007). I have left the link to 1.3 in case you do not like some of the new features.
- Automatic insertion of <br /> and the removal of the hidden newline and carriage return character. This may cause more grief than joy and I may revert this behaviour in a future release. Seriously though, please let me know if this causes problems. I can do it many different ways including leaving in newline and carriage returns or reverting to not doing anything at all.
- All Post windows are resizable and can be maximized.
- Added a small reset link to each Post window to allow you to start over.
- Added image and link buttons that try to make it easier for you to add links and images to your posts. They do this by placing the image tag or link tag into the text wherever the cursor is when you click them. The Undo function of the text box does not like this technique, meaning you have to delete the offending text yourself if you make a mistake.
- Using a custom notification window upon success or failure of posting. This allows the notification to appear centered on the Post window.
- Added a tiny bit of asynchronous behaviour to keep things running smoothly.
- Version 1.3 (May 14, 2007)
- Now handling the entered text properly to support HTML encoded characters such as &.
This involved modifying the tumblr.cs file's classes to URL encode the necessary strings.
- Fixed more very minor UI issues.
- Version 1.2.1 (May 13, 2007)
- Made the font size bigger (now 11pt instead of 8.25pt) in all text boxes in order to save my eyes.
- Fixed a very minor UI issue.
- Version 1.2 (May 12, 2007)
- Accented characters now work. Now using UTF-8 character encoding. Updated the tumblr.cs file as well.
- Version 1.1 (May 8, 2007)
- Fixed some program startup issues and a Windows shutdown issue.
The legalities: All rights reserved. Copyright belongs to Stephen Perelson. Rights to the use of the source code is restricted
by the selected Open Source license in the Wintumblr project page on Google Code. You are not allowed to reverse engineer
the software for anything but educational purposes, which may be either academic or personal. You agree to accept all risks,
known and unknown, in your use of WinTumblr and the given source code and will not hold Stephen Perelson liable for any such
damage the software (WinTumblr and source) may cause.
You can contact Stephen via wintumblratfeedfeastdotcom
October 11, 2010 - gone open source!